Monday, January 3, 2011

Winter Break Where Did You Go?

This morning when I pulled up to school there were 5 students walking around the building waiting to get inside... until I spoiled their fun and told them they had one more day off! Crazy kids.

I hope that everyone had a great winter break! I had a relaxing first week, but it went by too quick. The second week of break I spent a LOT of time up at school painting two murals in the office. I have never painted anything on that large of a space, so I had no idea that they would take so long. I also couldn't get the projector to line up right or get to the right size, so I ended up doing it all free hand. I'm surprised that they turned out okay! I have one more to complete this upcoming weekend. (below is a quick animoto video of some pictures during the painting process)

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.


The fall semester fleeeeeeeew by and I have been warned that the spring semester will go by even quicker. Holy moly! I've got plans here and there, but I am still really stressed out. We have a lot going on at Hernandez from a couple different grants to ABC to PDAS, plus art club, UIL art, fine arts extravaganzas, art displays, and a new art teacher (she's so cool)! As well as keeping up with all of my sweet, yet wild students and rolling out new procedures as HMS grows. I am sure that most first year teachers are equally stressed too; I just cannot stop thinking that I could be doing better or doing more. I'm going to try to clear my mind with my New Year's resolutions: to take a little more time for just me (I started yoga) and to not stay at school late every single night - I'm going to try really hard!

I rented the documentary The First Year to watch before school started back up as a reminder of why I love to do this. It made me miss my students so much! I can't wait to see them tomorrow (and make sure they missed me too). I highly suggest renting this movie even if you've been teaching for years and years.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! :)
- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment