Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today I am thankful for __________.

*Everyday (or every week) I am going to have my students write this in their sketchbooks and fill in the blank... they have to AT LEAST be thankful for being alive! Or for having me as their teacher HAHAHAHA Just kidding!

I bring this subject up, because being together as a whole group I was quickly reminded of how important we all are to each other. Since I was crowned 1 of the guinea pig bloggers, I am going to use this as a platform today to say THANK YOU to a special group of people within RRISD Visual Arts!

Marisa Marsico & Elizabeth Conti - You two are the reason that I am here and EMPLOYED! I don't know how I was so lucky... TWICE! ;) You are AMAZING and UNDERSTANDING mentors! THANK YOU!!!!

Sidney Brown & Elizabeth Atherton - My two fairy godmothers! You helped me with anything and everything while long-term subbing for Marisa ... I may have fallen apart without your faith in me! THANK YOU!!!! *THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE McNEIL FACULTY! :)

Tim Lowke - You responded to every single e-mail I ever sent you (even all the ones that were just to let you know I was still available for a job ;) hahaha) THANK YOU!!!!

Cindy Lessley - You're stuck with me and you've already accepted it. THANK YOU!!!! ;)

THANK YOU to all of the art teachers that requested me to sub in their classrooms this past spring - I learned a lot from you even though you weren't physically there!

Last but not least, here is a pre-THANKS to all of my future students' past art teachers - I know that they are coming to me with prior art knowledge and experience.

After I "un-mush" my brain, I am going to post about Eric Jensen's 2 day workshop that was held at Hernandez MS. Spoiler Alert: He was INCREDIBLE!


No comments:

Post a Comment